Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday Morning Run

Well, I intended to run two miles this morning, but it turned into three miles. I'm good with that! I won't be running for a couple of days though. I'm got a big four-plus mile run on Tuesday.

The weather was beautiful this morning! Summer is finally ending here in the South. I moved here in January, and I swear it's been summer since then. It's about 66°F with a light breeze. How perfect is that for a morning run? I think everyone else in the neighborhood thought so, too. There was quite a bit of foot traffic out there! 

I'm still using the MapMyRun app. What I like is that it pauses and resumes the workout by itself. No fumbling with it to stop tracking when I get stuck at a stoplight. Also, the buttons and icons are nice and big, so I don't accidentally click on something when I do decide to fumble with it. It will also send my stats straight to Blogger, so that you can have too much information about me I can share them with you. What I don't like is that it doesn't give me turn-by-turn navigation for the routes I create. And that was the whole point of downloading it in the first place (I read on some forum somewhere that it did that).

This is what it posts to Blogger (not directly, it created a draft post):

I ran with MapMyRun! Distance: 3.05mi, time: 29:30, pace: 9:40min/mi, speed: 6.21mi/h. http://mapmyrun.com/workout/395603207
 Well, better get started with my Saturday! It's free museum day!

The song that got me through this workout was Nikki Minaj - Moment for Life.

No comments: