Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fitness Wagon

Trying to get back on the fitness wagon, I may have overdone it this week. I feel great, but my muscles are fighting me. Last year, I lost about 30 pounds in 6 months or so. I had a regular routine of hitting the gym at lunchtime. A month of Monday through Friday Spin classes kickstarted the weight loss, but I got bored fast. I switched to twice a week Spin, twice a week of whatever group workout class they offered, and once a week of Stairmaster or elliptical training. I didn't run much. The one day a week I was on a machine, I watched my guilty-pleasure TV shows like Judge Judy or Entertainment Tonight.

Then the big move, from Germany to Alabama started, and I just didn't have the time. Fast forward to this week, when I realized I had started living in yoga pants again. My skinny jeans were muffin-top jeans! I managed to fit in a Spin class, two 2-mile runs, and topped it off with a 5k this morning. I finished around 29 minutes. I'm proud of myself, but am going to take a few down days. My next thing is a group 5k that we call "The Running of the Bulls" on Tuesday. My goal is to get that 5k down to 25 minutes or less. Oh, and to make my skinny jeans zip up without doing a dance to zip them up.

So that oughta get you caught up on where I stand. I'll post more successes and failures as they come up. But to paraphrase Dori, "just keep spinning, spinning, spinning."

No comments: