Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I wonder how many people wait for "something" in the Premier Check-In line?

Leaving Bismarck, we stood in the line marked "Premier/First Class" to check-in for our flight. The regular line only had about 5 people in it, but I like to use my Premier perks whenever I can.

Except it meant nothing to the ladies at the check-in counter. They processed everyone else first. Even people that got in the Economy line AFTER us.

After she finished processing everyone else and I was invited to step forward, I asked if there was any difference between the regular line and Premier line. She said (wait for it), "I didn't know if you  were waiting for something else." Apparently, a lot of people like to stand in the Premier line at the United Check-In counter at 5am in Bismarck, while they wait for "something else." And then she informed me that she was "new." Holy smokes. I think she might be under-qualified for the job.

No comments: