Friday, October 11, 2013

Budget Win - Hanging Porch Light

Every time I go to the home improvement store, I stop by the outdoor lighting section, and stare dreamily at the porch lights. My 1923 bungalow has an ugly little light that leans...sort of like a bat hanging upside down, if it was trying to look at you but remain undetected.

I really like the DualBrite feature on the Heath/Zenith brand security lights. It turns on at dusk, but at a low level. When it senses motion, it gets brighter. I have it on the flood lights in the back of the house. That seemed an awfully modern feature to find on an old-fashioned pendant light. Oh, don't get me wrong, I found some, in the $125-and-up price range.

And then the eBay gods shined shone upon me. For a total of $28.93, including shipping, I got a brand new, still in the box, Heath/Zenith Antique Bronze pendant porch light. (I would like to note that this sells for $139.45 at Lowe's. Happy dance!)

If lights were people, this one is a Southern gentleman.


No comments: